Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup

Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup

Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup

Directions

Nutrition Facts

Per Serving: 408 calories; 14g fat; 15.9g carbohydrates; 55g protein; 150mg cholesterol; 605mg sodium.

Full nutrition

Amount Per Serving
Calories 408 Calories from Fat122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 21%
Saturated Fat5g 24%
Trans Fat0.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.9g
Monounsaturated Fat6.6g
Cholesterol 150mg 50%
Sodium 605mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 15.9g 5%
Dietary Fiber2g 9%
Sugars3.6g
Protein 55g
Vitamin A84% Vitamin C10%
Calcium6% Iron34%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:

Calories: 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
Saturated Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300 mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

Calories per gram:

Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4

Reviews

What others are saying

Image of Jen the Mighty

Jen the Mighty says:

Beef and barley stew is my favorite recipe to make in my MultiPot. It's so easy, the barley has such a great chewiness, and it's done in under an hour. This recipe is truly a keeper. My picky kiddo requests it at least once a week!

Image of Laura Griffin

Laura Griffin says:

I made this stew and it was so good! The barley was tender and chewy, and the broth was rich and delicious. This is probably one of my favorite beef stew recipes.

Image of Greg Jones

Greg Jones says:

This is a classic stew that reminds me of my trips to the east coast. The garlic and cumin were the perfect addition, and really took the flavor to new heights. Well done!

Image of Cara Larson

Cara Larson says:

This stew was amazing just as directed. Absolutely delish to my kids and husband. Don't forget the salt and pepper to taste.

Image of Erin Hudson

Erin Hudson says:

I reduced the amount of stock to make like a stew to thicken it up, and served it with mashed potatoes. Great flavor and very filling.

Image of Doug Woods

Doug Woods says:

I made this recipe and enjoyed it. I did make one change: I used half the sesame oil called for and made up the rest with grapeseed oil. I find that a little sesame oil goes a long way and I didn't want it to overpower the other ingredients. I like the chewy texture of the barley next to the very tender beef. I'll make this again.

Image of Marge Gunderson

Marge Gunderson says:

This was absolutely delicious. I had some very lean stew meat and I used "better than" bullion for the broth. The only change I made was a mixed seasoning containing both cumin and garlic. I served this with fresh baked bread.

Image of Janice Stephens

Janice Stephens says:

This is my husband's favorite soup, so I make if often. Very delicious and provides enough for leftovers, which is always a bonus for me!

Image of April York

April York says:

I thought it was really good except next time I might try a different type of meat. The stew meat was a bit fatty.

Image of Marina Konko

Marina Konko says:

This is a great recipe, I think in my case I have to cook it several minutes longer under pressure. But it came out so quick and delicious!

Image of Philip Puopolo

Philip Puopolo says:

This was DELICIOUS

Image of Tina Quiring

Tina Quiring says:

Ya might want to put the beef back in to cook! 😉trying it with ckn! Ckn stock!

Image of Rachel Bancroft

Rachel Bancroft says:

As a strict recipe follower I found it annoying that the recipe failed to state when to put the beef back into the pot.....

Image of Penny Foster

Penny Foster says:

This is my first time ever making beef barley soup. I've been super hesitant to use a pressure cooker as well. I'm also a huge recipe follower and found it a bit odd it didn't instruct when to put the beef back in ?? I'm still awaiting the finished product. Fingers crossed